MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS INTERN
Post Date: 06/16/23
Infinity Water Solutions is a water-technology and sustainability company headquartered in Austin, Texas. As one of the largest water recycling companies operating in the Permian Basin, Infinity is innovating in the energy sector and saving thousands of barrels of freshwater resources daily. The Communications Department is looking for a Summer Intern; someone interested in learning a wide range of business-relevant skills, while bringing creativity, imagination and originality to their branding, messaging, and media relations activities. Interns are entry-level talent looking for meaningful work to develop the skills, acumen and resume to help them embark on a fulfilling career.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
As a Communications Intern, you will leverage all facets of a communications professional, including copy writing and message development, social media management, graphic design and brand creation, research, monitoring and organization. You will work on assignments that advance many of Infinity’s goals and relationships, while also creating products that engage and inspire both internal and external stakeholders, generate excitement and galvanize support around water stewardship and Infinity as a whole.
- Participate in planning sessions
- Draft earned and social media content
- Provide graphic design support for communications materials
- Provide administrative and logistic support for corporate communications
- Track media coverage and reporting
- Strong written, social media, and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of branding principles and practices
- Graphic design experience; proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Canva
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Organized and adaptable
- Willingness to have fun!
- Photography and/or video editing abilities are a plus
The Summer Internship Program runs from June 1st – August 31st. Based on performance, pipeline and overall business need, an opportunity for extension into the Fall Semester, may arise. Weekly schedule is to be determined, though a minimum of 3 days in-person weekly, at our Austin, Texas headquarters, is preferred.
Course credit and a monthly stipend of $500.
To apply, send resume, cover letter and sample of your creative work to Ashley Kegley-Whitehead at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without work samples will not be considered.